Monday 22 August 2011

It's true - LOVE HAS NO BARRIER!


Love has no barrier

Maciu Malo
Monday, August 22, 2011
LOVE has no colour, no boundaries and no impossibilities.
This rings true for beautiful Charlotte Josephine Tarrant of Newquay, Cornwall, England, who put racial and colour barriers behind her to marry the love of her life in Matuku, Lau, native Samuela Taukei.
The 24-year old volunteer English teacher was supposed to be transferred to New Zealand after the completion of her attachment in Fiji but cancelled her new posting after forming a mutual friendship with her new Fijian partner.
Speaking to The Fiji Times after their wedding at the Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort in Sigatoka, Mrs Taukei said love disregarded racial barriers.
"Love brought us together, and despite the 10,000 mile distance between the UK and Fiji, love has helped us overcome all the difficulties we have faced along the way," she said.
The couple first met at the O'Reily's Bar where Mr Taukei works as a bartender last year.
Little did they know that first meeting was the starting of a new journey.
"I was still volunteering in Suva, so after that first meeting and the introduction, we met up almost every day after I finished at school. I was supposed to be going to New Zealand after Fiji but ended up missing out that part of my trip all together as I extended my time in Fiji."
Mr Taukei said it was love at first sight after that first meeting more than six months ago.
"We were both interested in each others' culture and we were in love. That was the main part that brought us close together, love," said the 22-year old Lau native.
"She is a caring, loving and a kind girl. I noticed that she was great with kids and I can always count on her no matter what. Most importantly I am really in love with her and want her to be my wife."
Mrs Taukei said her parents back in England were shocked to hear the news and she was glad they had granted their blessings on the marriage.
"When I first told them we were dating, they were worried that I had run away to Fiji and would never return. When I returned to the UK after my second visit to Fiji and told them about my engagement they were pretty shocked. However, once they met Samu in the UK they soon began to realise that it was what we both wanted more than anything, and supported us all the way."
The couple said racial background and the colour of skin mattered no more as soon as love found its true resting place รน the heart.
Mrs Taukei said she wanted to pursue her teaching career and they had agreed to move to the United Kingdom.
"We are going to settle in the UK for the time being, as I have just started my teaching career. We would like to have children at some point, but not yet. So I hope to spend the next few years having fun as a married couple before any more serious responsibilities."

No comments: