Sunday 6 November 2011

How You and Do You Connect to God?

Someone's watching

The Times Of India

BELOW are interviews from The Times of India about spirituality.
Film director Sanjay Gupta says God is a superior higher power that's watching over us.
"Somewhere, He maintains and balances our karma accounts."
So what does being religious mean to you? "Being religious to me means believing in God and accepting His presence in my body and soul. It also means being responsible as well as answerable to Him for all the rights and wrongs I do." Gupta says.
How do you connect with God? "I shut my mind from all that's around me and think of Him. Being in a place of worship or solitude makes the process much easier."
What do you think of godmen/gurus? Do you have a guru? "I do not have a guru per se, but I am on the lookout for an enlightened soul, who can be a bridge between God and me. I do not believe in fake godmen and any human being, who claims to be God, is a sham."
If you could meet God, what would you ask him? "I'd ask Him why we humans do not have direct access to Him. He is omnipresent, but when I need answers or directions, why can't I just reach out to Him?"
Actor Jimmy Shergill finds God in everything around him.
"I'm a strong believer in God. That's how I have grown up, I believe there's someone watching over us. I have been spiritual since childhood and it shows in my actions. But I realise, where there is God, the devil also resides there. And where there's good, there's evil too."
How do you connect to God? "Positive action brings you closer to God. You can connect with the higher force by making small gestures or indulging in good deeds or actions on a day-to-day basis.
"I feel the power around me, when I'm travelling to religious places, which gives me peace of mind."
Karma and kismat to you are...? "I am a strong believer in destiny. I personally feel that there is somebody sitting up there on a judgement chair with pen and paper in hand... taking note of your every action. So, we better watch out!"
True contentment lies in...? "We must live a balanced life. Inner happiness is important for our well-being. We must find a healthy balance between professional and personal life."

No comments: